Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

“A joy shared is a joy doubled” Anonymous

“I tell you these things that my joy may be in you...” Jesus

I believe that Pascal was right when he said, “All men seek happiness,” and called it the “motive of every action of every man." I also believe that when Christ enters our life He begins to fine tune our desire for happiness by introducing us to His joy. The joy of Jesus transforms our desire for happiness by adding to it an inclination to please God. Jesus put it this way, “I do always those things that please him.” Joy turns mere happiness into a godly happiness. The former tends, though not always, to seek only its own pleasure, the latter always finds its pleasure in pleasing God and refuses to find happiness in anything which is not pleasing to Him. o1/5/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gulf Shores)