Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, January 28, 2011

“Put a grain of boldness into everything you do.” Baltasar Gracian

“But the centurion replied, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed.” Mt.8 ESV

The centurion who came to Jesus on behalf of a sick servant is mentioned I suppose to illustrate the kind of faith that impresses God. His faith was humble, as all faith should be, but it was also bold. All faith should be bold. After all, our confidence is not in our faith but in the person we put our faith in. If any request is worth asking from God, it is worth asking boldly. Away with mealy mouthed prayers. When Alexander the great was boldly asked for an exorbitant amount of money by a one of his subjects, he replied, “His request shows that he has understood both my wealth and my generosity.” Should I treat God with any less honor when I ask Him for something? 1/22/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)