Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

“Travel has no longer any charm for me. I have seen all the foreign countries I want to except for heaven and hell, and I have only a vague curiosity

“Travel has no longer any charm for me. I have seen all the foreign countries I want to except for heaven and hell, and I have only a vague curiosity as concerns one of those.” Mark Twain

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” Jo.3 ESV

Jesus makes it abundantly clear that if people want a relationship with God, they can have one--with His services of course. His principle service is to pay off debts that we have incurred with God, debts we owe Him because of our failure to live as creatures made in His image. By removing our debt, we are able to come to God without fear of any condemning judgment. This is only the beginning really. What God offers us in the accomplishments of Jesus is far more than missing hell, it is the boundless freedom of knowing Him as Father God and friend. I should think it tragic to only think in terms of going or not going to one place or the other and miss the inexpressible value of experiencing the Person. 1/3/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gulf Shores)