Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

“Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf.” Native American Indian Proverb

“Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf.” Native American Indian Proverb

“Be quick to listen, slow to speak.” James1

I think listening is just as important in prayer as it is in every other conversation. God certainly speaks to us. He may not do it audibly though I have heard him speak through the mouth of others. He speaks in Scripture, in the other writings as well, in our thoughts, or circumstances even in nature. If my prayers are just one-sided conversations; if I do not still my soul, how can I ever expect to hear Him when He answers. If I am not paying close renounce attention it is possible to hear what He says without hearing what He says. I do this all the time to Brenda and I am sure I do it with God. The most important thing I do this day might be to sit quietly, still my soul , don't say anything and just listen. 1/19/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)