Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” Kenji Miyazawa

“The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me takes no rest.” Job 30 ESV

I pretty much live with pain. Many people do. I am not speaking of emotional pain, though I've had my share of that. As long as I can remember I seem to go from one pain to another. If my back is not hurting, I am always recovering from some injury or a tooth is hurting or I have some unexplained pain somewhere. I have played hard and now age is playing hard on me. I am not happy with my response to all this. I talk about my pains way too much. I am writing about them now. What is there to do but stir my pains into all the other ingredients in this stew we call life. I do, after all, enjoy sweet and sour dishes, just don't put to much sour in the mix sweet Lord. “Pain is inevitable suffering is optional.” 1/11/2011 Conversations Within ts (Madison, MS)