Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

“Tears are the noble language of eyes...” Robert Herrick

“Jesus wept.” John 11

My favorite movies or books are the ones that move me from tears to laughter and back again. My tears are as important to me as laughter, probably more so. With them I open my soul to God, I share the grief of those I love and behold with wonder as the Holy Spirit fine tunes my heart to the concerns of Jesus. One of the richest experiences in my life came to me one night in college when I was walking in a garden. I began to weep uncontrollably in pure worship and adoration over God 's love expressed to me in Christ and continued to weep until the sun rose through my window the next morning. I was baptized in my own tears. How precious to me the pure delight of that experience. You can ditto that, Lord, anytime! Conversations Within ts 3/29/2012 (On the Road)