Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 16, 2012

"Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it take with you your all.” Kahlil Gibran

"Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it take with you your all.” Kahlil Gibran

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.” 1 Cor.6 NIV

There are a lot of things I think about saying or doing that I never do. There is a restraining influence in me. I am not talking about my conscience or the inner motivations we all have to avoid unpleasant consequences if we were to act out our every thought. My faith tells me it is the restraining hand of God on my shoulder reminding me that there is no profit to what I want to say or to a particular line of thinking running around in my head. This Presence in me does not always convict, He also comforts. I feel His pleasure when I am surfing, or walking in the woods or when I take His suggestion to serve someone. I think waking to His presence in us is the purest expression of a real religion. As one writer put it, “Life is a Church.” Conversations Within ts 4/9/2012 (Jax)