Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, June 10, 2011

“It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us...” K.T.Jo

“I will meditate on your precepts.” Ps.119 ESV

There is no doubt that rote activity without conscious purpose can rob life of meaning. I feel certain that God wants so much more for us than a mechanical existence. Meditation is one way God speaks meaning into our lives.
There was a time in my life when I wanted God to speak in an audible voice but through the years I have come to appreciate the many advantages to His communication in our thoughts especially reflections on the divinely inspired writings of others. Of course there are many voices that can be heard in our conversations within. We must let the Spirit teach us how to filter out all the other voices within so we can hear that one voice that gives meaning. 6/4/2011 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)