Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

“I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day.” F. Frankfort Moore

“My Father is the Gardener.” Jesus

The faithful story tells us that man was created in a garden, cast out of a garden then redeemed by Christ who prayed in a garden, was crucified in a garden and three days later rose in the same garden. My dad has requested that we sing, “I come to the Garden,” at his funeral. This song commemorates Mary Magdalene's encounter with Christ after the resurrection. I am sure this request reflects my dad's hope of also meeting the resurrected Christ.
It is no surprise that Jesus tells us that God the Father is a Gardener. He works His garden everyday. The whole of humanity is His garden. He plants, cultivates, weeds, waters, prunes and seeks fruit from it. Garden's are all about fruit. What then is the purpose of life but to bear fruit for the pleasure of the Gardener and in response to His kind work in our life. 5/25/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)