Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

“Most sermons sound to me like commercials - but I can't make out whether God is the Sponsor or the Product.” Mignon McLaughlin

“...your faith is proclaimed in all the world.” Rom.1

We would expect any self made religion that reduces a real relationship with God into mere ritual to lack any real depth. This is why religious people spouting their religion often sound like a salesman peddling their wares. And, lest I be too hard on others let me examine all the shallow expressions of my own witness. If I sound like a commercial it is probably I'm being one. My efforts to put in a good word about “Jesus” can be shared more for my benefit than truly seeking the benefit of another.
I have no interest in buying an I-Pad because of some salesman trying to sale me one. My interest comes from all my friends who have one and love it. The value they assign to it is witnessed by the value it brings to their life. The best witness to any faith is likewise the value it brings to us, to the quality of our relationships our responsibilities and even our recreations. It is sad that many people have no interest in God because of all the cheap ways He is advertised to the world. 6/8/2011 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)