Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

“It's not about you.” Rick Warren (The Purpose Driven Life)

“You did not choose me but I chose you.” Jesus

One thing which seems to be unique to humans is that we are self aware, another is that we are self absorbed. This tendency is also the reason for most of our unhappiness. If Jesus is right, there is a purpose to life greater than just my life and I must join it if I am to realize all that the Creator intends. God calls people to live for His glory, not because He is stuck on Himself, but because He is the overflow of goodness and would have us share it. God is a public fountain not a private well and He invites us to join Him in living for the common good. When I do or not do, participate or not participate, let it be because I am thinking not only of myself but also the good of others. 6/14/2011 Conversations Within ts (Port St. Joe, FL)