Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

“Solitude shows us what should be; society shows us what we are.” Robert Cecil

“And the child grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the wilderness until the day of his public appearance to Israel.” Lk.1 ESV

I am pretty certain that Christ would not want His followers to devote their life solely to solitude as some no doubt do. He has made it quite clear that we are to be with people so that we may love and serve them. His own life and ministry and that of His disciples were a balanced rhythm of solitude and service. It seems expedient that if I am to effectively love others then I must effectively nurture my own soul in solitude. But being with people is the true test of my own transformation. The authenticity of my private prayers will no doubt be proved in public service. 6/3/2011 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)