Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

“How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?” Paul

“A wise son loves discipline...” Prov.

I recently had a friend ask me to pray that God would give her opportunities to learn patience. Boy I was impressed with such a brave request. Most of us appreciate maturity even if we do not appreciate the trials that cause it. I suppose it is a good thing if we learn to value pain as the necessary means to bring to us some gain. Not that we say, “Oh boy,” when adversity comes our way, but perhaps we would do well to give thanks even as we ask for grace to bear it. One is not made strong if never asked to carry some burden nor can we learn patience without circumstances that demand it of us. 11/2/11 Conversations Within ts (Jax, FL)