Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

“May your days be many and your troubles be few.”

“Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone.” Deut.34

Who would want to live a long life if it isn't a good life. If I wind up living to be an old man with few troubles as God undoubtedly appoints some to it, then I will consider myself most blessed. But if I do not make it to old age or if trouble finds me in my sojourn I am still blessed. All the beauty and magic of this place only entices me to a greater hope of the coming Kingdom. Why settle for many days when Jesus promises countless days. I recently took up surfing and absolutely love it. I find myself wishing I had discovered it when I was younger. But no matter, the Spirit often lays a hand on my shoulder and reminds me of the “Endless Summer” that is coming. 11/21/11 Conversations Within ts (Camp Farrington, AL)