Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

“My poverty is not complete: it lacks me.” Antonio Porchia

“Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Jesus

I am a poor man, poor in ways I am still discovering. I do not mean poor by material standards. I possess riches that even King Solomon did not have. He could not have an ice cold beverage anytime he wanted one or drive sixty miles an hour in an air conditioned chariot listening to any music I desire. He could not instantly talk to a friend or family member half way around the world. The reason I say I am poor is that I still find myself eating the pig slop of lesser desires when infinite joy is mine for the having. I still find it hard to break the habit of the old me and put on the new me. 11/9/11 Conversations Within ts (Jax, Fl)