Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Incorrect thoughts about God can never diminish His true worth, just our experiences of it.

“The Lord is good.” Ps.100

God is good all of the time but I may not experience that goodness if I question it when something bad comes my way. If I am suspicious of God's kind intentions bitterness may deprive me the gift of His peace in the midst of some trial. If I see God as an uncaring impersonal deity, then everything that happens to me will be influenced by my prejudices notions. Like a wild animal I may try to bite and scratch the hand that comes to free me from the snare that I have entangled myself in. Sometimes the way we see God becomes the snare that entangles us in a sea of doubt and suspicion. 10/27/11 Conversations Within ts (Holy Ground, AL)