Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, November 14, 2011

“Poverty sits by the cradle of all our great men and rocks all of them to manhood.” Heinrich Heine

“...were made strong out of weakness...” Heb.11

God has used poverty plenty of times to work great wealth of character in people. History is replete with examples of this. Think of a great person and chances are that poverty or adversity was one of the tools God used to shape their greatness. The Lord's strength is found in our weakness. If I find myself in meagerness of money or means or health, I am in a position to discover the great wealth of God. It is not poverty itself that is good, but the power of God discovered in it when I look to Him. Doing without often works wonders within if we allow it to. 11/6/11 Conversations Within ts (Jax, Fl)