Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

“I am positive that one of the great curatives of our evils... would be a return to the soil, a rehabilitation of the work of the fields.” Charles Wag

“The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.” Gen.2

A good many people are returning to growing their own vegetables or at least buying them locally grown. Health concerns are one reason but I cannot help but believe that something resonates in us when we somehow manage to get closer to the earth. There is something therapeutic about getting back to nature. I believe that planting a garden, keeping a house plant, making something with your hands are all a means of grace. I think God meets people when they do these things just as He does in prayer and meditation. Stray too far from working with your hands and the soul will miss out on an intended means of knowing God. 11/5/11 Conversations Within ts (Jax, Fl)