Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, November 7, 2011

“We cannot get grace from gadgets.” J.B. Priestley

"Take care...one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." Jesus

We are a gadget generation. I often wonder how my life would change without my smart phone or computer. Like all material possessions, contraptions can trap us in a wasteland of empty pursuits. Things are meant to serve us in our pursuit of the eternal purpose never imprison us to the trivia of the temporal. This is not to say that we cannot use these things for personal enjoyment, it is to say just the opposite. If they serve my attachment to eternal things I can give thanks for it and use it. I suppose the grave is the grand sift. If it won't pass through that, use it, don't become attached to it. 10/31/11 Conversations Within ts (Marianna, FL)