Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

“What has always made a hell on earth has been that man has tried to make it his heaven.” Friedrich Holderlin

“And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God.” Job 19

The recent death of Steve Jobs at fifty-six, is a sobering reminder that none of us can expect to remain very long in this place. I know this, everybody knows this, but we manage to push it into the background of everyday life. I suppose this is good if it allows us to function but bad if we fail to appreciate its lesson. That lesson of course is to live for fruit that will follow us after we leave this place. When God prospers us here by giving us health or a long life it is never to strengthen our ties to the sinking ship of this world. We should never waste time building castles in the sand. The tide is coming in. 11/1/11 Conversations Within ts (Jax, FL)