Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, December 23, 2011

“Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts.”

“She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2

If you ask ten Western people about some of their favorite memories, it would be a good bet that a Christmas memory would be one of them. My dear mother and dad helped make my every Christmas a magical memory. Glittering lights on our aluminum tree, eggnog, candy, presents, leaving cookies for Santa and in my home the annual reading of the Christmas story and the poem, Annie's and Wilie's prayer. I still love watching all the Christmas specials on TV, Rudolph and who could forget Charlie Brown's Christmas which always reminded us of the real reason for the season. I remember squinting in the bright lights of my Dad's Kodak Camera as He walked around on Christmas morning trying to record on film what was destined to never be forgotten anyway. Who could forget such wonderful memories? For me Jesus is the cause of all of this joy. Even when He is not center stage, He is the stage of everything good about life. He did not sign His name under every rock when He made the world but His presence still permeates every candy cane hung in this Blessed season. 12/14/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville , FL)