Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

“I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's.” Henry Moore

“I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's.” Henry Moore

“Keep in step with the Spirit.” Galatians 5

People who have gained freedom from various addictions have been given a precious gift. They understand that freedom comes to us a choice at a time. I have heard them refer to it as “my next right choice.” I may resolve to lose weight, quit smoking, start exercising, or begin any number of beneficial activities this next year but the truth is that any success I have, God willing, will come from one right decision following another. We can only live one choice at a time. God is that voice inside us, shining light on the right path, offering every encouragement to take it but decidedly leaving the choice to us. The choice has to be ours if we are to know true freedom. 2/20/11 Conversations Within ts (Camp Farrington, AL)