Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, December 9, 2011

“Love is a game that two can play and both win.” Eva Gabor

“Love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus

When I first heard the idea of working for a “Win Win” in relationships I thought it was a contradiction to the teachings of Jesus to turn the other cheek. But I realize now that if I lose and my partner always wins then ultimately my partner is the one losing. If we are committed to our partners highest good then we simply can not allow this. If our partner is to win, we must help them see the importance of loving others as much as they love themselves and this may mean refusing to let them take advantage of us. Of course there are times when we may choose to turn the cheek if for no other reason than to communicate the same message. The Spirit will help us decide when and what response is best. 12/2/11 Conversations Within ts (Birmingham, AL)