Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

“New Year's Day is every man's birthday.” Charles Lamb

“Teach me to number my days that I may apply my heart to wisdom.” Psalm 90

What is time to someone who is promised eternal life? Yet Jesus tells us to value time and to make the most of it; not because time itself is limited but the time left to us in this place certainly is. He put it this way. “Work while it is day, night is coming when no one will be able to work.” There are things entrusted to each of us during our sojourn here--chores that we must finish before the sun sets. We all share some of the same chores. Everybody is put here to enrich the life of others. But I think all of us have tasks uniquely assigned to us. One of the most important aspects of life is knowing what God wants me to do. One clue must surely be the resources entrusted to us. Yet, it is often in our weakness that we discover our greatest contribution to others. People like Helen Keller have showed us that God's power can be demonstrated as much, if not more, in what we do not have than what we have. 2/21/11 Conversations Within ts (On the road, AL)