Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

“I heard the bells on Christmas Day Their old, familiar carols play, And wild and sweet The words repeat...

...Of peace on earth, good-will to men!” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Peace on earth goodwill toward men.” Luke 2

There is surely a wildness to the sweet grace of God. He delights in every expression of mercy. I cannot help but wonder if the angels who made this first announcement were amazed that God would want peace with our rebellious rabble. One wonders what God the Father said to the Son on Christmas Eve. I can imagine Him saying something like, “I appreciate you doing this Son. They are going to mock you Jesus, beat and kill you, but I will use it to save them.” Wild and sweet indeed! 2/16/11 Conversations Within ts (Chelsea , AL