Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, December 30, 2011

“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” Flora Whittemore

“Knock and the door will be opened to you.” Jesus

There are physical and spiritual doors in life. But I suppose the tangible doors we open are telling enough. I open the door of our refrigerator every day. What I keep inside it is certainly reflected in my mirror and on my scales. I also open the door to our camper and car everyday. Our choice to live on the road reveals a great deal about the kind of life we have chosen. We spend a lot of time outdoors which only shows my love of wood, wind and water. We also frequent the doors of family and friends. Sometimes we go see people behind the locked doors of a prison. There are other doors I think Jesus wants to open for me-the doors of the sick, the lonely, the oppressed, the orphan and widow. Doors are very telling of the life we lead. 12/23/11 Conversations Within ts (Birmingham, AL)