Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

May God help us to see through every disguised blessing.

“Your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loved you.” Deut.23.5

We all know that blessings are often hidden in difficulty. Faith teaches us how to penetrate the disguise. One reason is to help us persuade our heart to endure the trial and allow it to benefit us. Faith turns every obstacle into opportunity. But we must learn how to manage our doubts and let faith have that perfect work. If I tell myself that my present adversity is a scalpel in God's hand to heal me and not a knife in an enemies hand to hurt me, I will stop trying to squirm off the operating table. Easier said than done but it can be done if we talk, even argue ourselves out of moments of doubt and fear into a clear apprehension of God's good and gracious intentions towards us. Do I believe God is in control? Do I believe He loves me? Do I believe that no matter what comes He can use it for my good? Believe it! See it! Endure and embrace it! 11/25/11 Conversations Within ts (Between, GA)