Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

“The mind is everything. What you think you become.” Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha

“For as a man thinks within himself, so he is.” Proverbs 23

My thoughts sometimes surprise me. I find myself saying, “Now where in the world did that come from.” That I posses these thoughts reminds me that I am still very much someone I do not want to be. That I do not want to be this way reminds me that a change is taking place in me. I am somewhere between worm and winged wonder. This metamorphosis is very much a spiritual thing, something the Scriptures call the renewing of my mind. I am encouraged by these new thoughts and smile when my wife asks me, “What did you do with my husband.” My thoughts sometimes surprise me. Conversations Within ts 2/9/2012 (Jax, FL)