Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 17, 2012

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened....

Happiness is never decreased by being shared.” Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha

“You are the light of the world.” Jesus

There is great danger if we base our happiness on the happiness of others. Some people simply won't allow themselves to be happy which means we won't be if we keep waiting on them. We can share our own happiness with them. We should share it with them, if it is a proper kind of happiness. Some things that make people happy are just plain wrong. I am not sure which is worse, to be unhappy or to be happy for the wrong reasons. Both fail to be light in the world. When I share my happiness I want it to be the kind that grows out of goodness and truth. This is the only happiness worth having and the only kind that will endure. Conversations Within ts 2/9/2012 (Jax, FL)