Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 24, 2012

“We picture lovers face to face but Friends side by side; their eyes look ahead.” C. S. Lewis

“We picture lovers face to face but Friends side by side; their eyes look ahead.” C. S. Lewis

“I have called you friends.” Jesus

My best friend is my wife. I am not sure when the change took place but I am grateful for it. There was a time in our relationship when we were so caught up with one another we excluded people. Now our relationship is inclusive if it is anything. Our love for each other is overflowing into the love of loving others. I used to have my friends and she had hers. Now we have our friends. I think it is good for lovers to mature into friends. It is not that you cease being lovers; you simply wake to all the other interests that can be shared. Lovers can feel bothered even threatened by a third party, friends delight in sharing. Conversations Within ts 2/17/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)