Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

“Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul.” Mark Twain

“...put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Eph. 4

Experience has taught me that if my outer life is in disarray, it is only because my inner life is. I sometimes refer to this as being out of rhythm. Surely there is a kind of spiritual cadence when we keep in step with God's Spirit. I rise every day to morning prayers and pretty much keep to the same routines each day. This way when interruptions come and they certainly do come, there remains an inner calmness even if outer circumstances are tossing me around. But when I fail to keep this spiritual cadence and fall out of step my circumstances tend to rule the day instead of the peace of God. Conversations Within ts 3/8/2012 (Jax, FL)