Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 9, 2012

”Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” Dr. Seuss

“...walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work.” Colossians 1

I am the male peacock in our family. I wear loud Hawaiian shirts, if I am wearing a shirt at all. My wife on the other hand does not like to call attention to herself. Brenda's middle name is blend. We make quite a pair. I have thought many times that we are God's gift to each other. There is something to be said for avoiding the limelight, quietly serving people, always in the background. I am humbled to know my wife. I suppose there is something to be said for show and tell people as well, I'm just not sure what. If we stand out, let it be for something of real value not vanity. Conversations Within ts 3/1/2012 (Jax, FL)