Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The soul is fed as much in what we do as in what we think about.

“Be doers...” James 1

What is a proper diet for the soul? Certainly it is not spiritual junk food which offers no real challenges to the way I see life. I want to know God as He really is, not invent some feel good cotton candy God who will only let me have my way. It seems reasonable that a healthy diet for the soul will engage our whole inner life. What we read and reflect upon should impact the mind, stimulate our will to some beneficial action and align our emotions around what is true not what just feels good. I suppose the real test of a good diet is in the way it affects our decisions and actions. What good is a stimulating inner reflection if it bears no practical or lasting fruit. All true learning comes down to doing. Conversations Within ts 3/7/2012 (Jax, FL)