Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 16, 2012

"I realized that science couldn't answer any of the really interesting questions...

I've been searching for God ever since” Red Planet (the movie)

“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” Jesus

Man is a spiritual creature, evidenced by our thirst for more than mere survival or to just propagate. Our moral awareness, our self awareness for that matter, seems to sets us apart from every other living creature. The mannishness of man, as the late Francis Schaeffer put it, may be the greatest empirical reason to believe in God. Our search for meaning implies that there is meaning, something that would not be true if our existence is the result of some cosmic accident. Too many things demand an explanation which an accident alone can not supply. Conversations Within ts 3/9/2012 (Jax, FL)