Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vanity is so vain; it would have us seek acceptance over being loved.

“Speak the truth in love.” Ephesians 4

One negative aspect of vanity is that it leads us to confuse being accepted with being loved. People find pleasure in keeping company with others of like mind, so what benefit is there in being accepted by people who will not interfere when we do something foolish. People who love you will accept you as you are but also love you enough not to leave you that way. The fruit of love is teaching me that I would rather be loved by my friends rather than just accepted by them. I prefer friends who will throw the water of rebuke on the fire of my vanities instead of encouraging them. Conversations Within ts 2/25/2012 (Between, GA )