Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

“Do you plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.” Saint Augustine

“But may the God of all grace… settle you.” 1Pt.5.10

If you have ever tried to stack boxes, you know the bottom box has to be level, strong and broad enough to support the rest. Every good foundation possesses these simple qualities so it is no surprise when Jesus tells us to build our house on the solid rock of His words. His teaching would have us ask the simple question, if I decide to do this, can I continue to stack on it. In other words, is this really the direction I want to go if it will it eventually fall over? Is the base large enough not only in this life but also in the next? Is the quality of what I do today strong enough to support what I am required to do tomorrow? 9/28/2009 Conversations Within ts