Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just because you’re being real, doesn’t mean you’re right.

“Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.” 1Pt.2.1 NIV

The word 'hypocrite' used to refer to an actor, or performer. Today we use it to describe a person who professes or believes one thing but does another. Now does this mean am I being hypocritical if I am courteous to someone when what I really want to do is give them a piece of my mind? I mean if I were real and genuine, wouldn’t I rid myself of pretense, never fake it, and simply tell people what I really think? Well, just being real and genuine isn’t always the point is it? I may be genuinely rude or sincerely unloving and if that is the case, I should get real with myself and recognize it for what it is. Just because you’re not faking it doesn’t mean you’re acting the way you’re supposed act. Just because you’re being real, doesn’t mean you’re right. 9/10/2009 Conversations Within ts