Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 4, 2010

“I once was blind but now I see.” John Newton

“I once was blind but now I see.” John Newton

"If your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness.” Mt.6.22-23 ESV

When Jesus speaks to us about our eyes, He is probably speaking about both sets--the eyes of the soul and the body. The eyes of the soul may not always decide what our eyes see each day but they decide what keep before them. The difference between looking and lusting is the difference between looking and gazing even gazing long after the object has passed from view. Is my vision is clouded by selfishness? Do I wander in the darkness of lust and its discontent? Jesus offers to heal our vision. He wants us to know the joy of walking in the light of unselfish love and contentment. His touch can help us see people and things not as objects to fulfill our lusts but as opportunities make full our love and enjoyment of God. 12/30/2009 Conversations Within ts