Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

“Practicing the Golden Rule is not a sacrifice; it is an investment.” Anonymous

"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” (Sermon on the Mount) Mt.7.12 ESV

If I am to do unto others, as I would have them do to me, then I should, at the very least consider what I want done to me. And, if I am honest, there are a good many things I want for myself that are not good for me. Christ does not want us to treat others the way we want to be treated if the way we want to be treated in corrupted by immaturity. I may want people to leave me alone so I conclude that I should leave them alone. I’m sure there are times when this is the proper thing to do but often we want to be left alone to do as we please even if what we pleases us is harmful. Sometimes doing unto others may require that we tell them the truth even if it hurts because that is exactly what we want them to do for us, at least when we are thinking straight. 1/17/2010 Conversations Within ts