Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Anyone who has hammered a nail with the butt end of a screwdriver understands how an infallible God can use fallible people.

“A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher.” Lk.6.40 ESV

So many things are settled in my own mind simply because I have chosen to be a disciple of Christ. When someone asks me my view of the Bible for instance, I try as much as possible to discover how Jesus viewed the Scriptures and adopt that same view. A liberal friend once asked me if I believed in a literal Adam. It appears that Jesus did, so for me the matter is settled. When someone challenges this thinking by saying, “But you’re using the Bible to determine what Jesus believed. I concede that I am. My faith in Christ is inseparably connected to my faith not in the frail and fallible disciples who passed along His life and teaching but in the power of an infallible God to use them. It seems that my teacher would have it no other way. 4/16/2010 Conversations Within ts