Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

“Positive Is How I Live,” US Virgin Islands

“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Pr.17.22 ESV

On a recent trip to the Caribbean, I was somewhat impressed by the positive candor of the islanders. They were able to turn a simple “Hello” into a whole conversation. I walked past one gentleman, nodded my head and offered the casual, “How are you?” He looked me square in the face and with thick Jamaican enthusiastically replied, “I am doing great! Are you able to say the same for yourself?”
My daughter bought an islander bracelet, which tries to capture the spirit of these laid-back people. “Positive is how I live.” Some common denominators of positive living; be grateful, be where you are and enjoy the mutual encouragement of friends. 4/10/2010 Conversations Within ts