Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not having enough is often God’s way of telling us that He is all we need.

And Jesus said to them, "How many loaves do you have?"

If asked about money a good many would say that there is never enough. This seems so foreign to the confident claim, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” When you think about it, seven loaves and a couple of fish were not enough either, at least in normal accounting terms. “Too much month at the end of the money;” or “too many mouths to feed,” however it is described, money or the lack is one of the chief concerns of life. “But little is much when God is in it;” that’s what been reported. I guess the question is if I have found this to be the case where I am concerned. Time and again, the little entrusted to me has proven to be more than enough, not in my hands but in His. What I can’t work out on paper God works out in practice, at least when He has the checkbook. 4/19/2010 Conversations Within ts