Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William A. Ward

“Like clouds and wind without rain is a man who boasts of a gift he does not give.” Pro.25 ESV

There is more than one way to express gratitude, and while it is always appropriate to say, “Thank you,” it may be more expedient to show our appreciation. When I express gratitude, I want it to be with my actions not just my words. I know what communicates love to me, I suppose one question that needs answering is do I know what communicates love to God or to the people in my life. I mean do I really want to show my wife how much I appreciate what she does for me by getting her a surfboard if she doesn't surf? I am sure some of the ways I express my appreciation to God are just as self-centered. Do I really know what would tell God how grateful I am for His many blessings? 9/29/11 Conversations Within ts (Watson Mill, GA)