Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

“Modesty is my best quality” Jack Benny

“...we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Rom.5

I think it is best to work toward being modest than to just have modest moments. Of course this could be said for any number of virtues. My present life is a series of dots which I trust God will connect into one continuous line. Things like modesty, humility, kindness are desirable as character qualities not just sporadic acts strung along life's path. But certainly when we choose a moment of modesty or kindness and do it over and over again, such perseverance becomes habit and habits have a way of becoming character. There is no magic formula that will turn us overnight into the person we want to be. We cannot expect the harvest of a godly character without planting and cultivating of godly actions. 10/14/11 Conversations Within ts (Pisgah National Forest, NC)