Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 31, 2011

“Great thoughts of God ennoble all of life. Small thoughts of God destroy those who hold them.” William MacDonald

"God is great!" Ps.70

A recent toothache pushed me to review some of my feelings toward God. I remember pacing back and forth in the middle of the night telling Him that while I knew pain to be a good thing, the level of pain I was experiencing was absolutely unnecessary. I angrily asked what would prompt Him to create such a terrible thing. After my bruised tooth settled down, my bruised soul realized that there were levels of pain that could shake my faith in God's wisdom and goodness. The little test, if I could call it such, has not only persuaded me that I do believe in His goodness and wisdom but that I also believe that His grace alone can sustain my faith in moments of doubt. How wise is our God to make pain as well as pleasure. Help me when I doubt this Lord. 10/24/11 Conversations Within ts (Holy Ground, AL)