Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 14, 2011

“Two monologues do not make a dialogue.” ~Jeff Daly

“Count others more significant than yourselves.” Phil.2 ESV

I read once where a lady had dinner with two celebrities on two separate occasions. Later when she was asked what it was like, she replied that when she had dinner with the first, he impressed her so much that she felt she was in the presence of a very important person. But, when asked about the second, her response was different, she replied, “He made me feel that I was very important.” Do I impress people with my own importance or do I make them feel important? Do I spend my time prattling on about myself or do I express genuine interest in what other people say? Lord I am full of myself, set me free! 10/7/11 Conversations Within ts (Durham, NC)