Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 21, 2011

“I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty... but I am too busy thinking about myself.” Edith Sitwell

“Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart...” 1Pet.3 ESV

I am not a modest person but there is a modest person living inside me. I like an audience; He enjoys not letting His left hand know what His right hand is doing. I talk too much--especially about myself; He is quiet and focuses on encouraging others. I am an open book revealing too much; He is understated beauty . I wear too much cologne, He is that delicate scent, that hint of aroma that invites. I am shamelessly naked and He is clothed with compassion and grace. “Naked come to thee for dress, Helpless look to thee for grace, foul I to the fountain fly, wash me Savior or I die.” 10/13/11 Conversations Within ts (Pisgah National Forest, NC)