Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

“I now issue a new commandment: Thou shalt do the dance.” Evan Almighty (The movie)

“Praise him with tambourine and dance.” Ps.150 ESV

Adults often need to be reminded to do the things they once did and did naturally when they were children. I often ask people what they do for fun. The most common reply is “Fun, what's that?” Adults forget how to play, roll in the grass, wade in a creek, or dance in the sheer delight of life. Strange that we need to be reminded to do something we once loved to do. But that is the nature of living in this fallen place. It is one of the things that Jesus has undoubtedly come to fix. I love the quote from the children's book Prince Caspian when the Christ character tells them, “You do not yet look as happy as I mean you to be.” 9/29/2010 Conversations Within ts (Watson Mill)