Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 22, 2010

"Time is too slow for those who wait,...

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." Henry Van Dyke

“There is a time for everything...a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.” Ecc.3 ESV

I pretty much expect to have my share of sorrow as I have had my share of joy. I have known good health, I will also know sickness. My body will fail me just as surely as it has served me. Life has been good and death will certainly walk my way. But though life under the sun brings the certainly of weeping as well as laughter, life in Jesus brings another certainty. My best days lie before me not behind. It is in this season only that I will sing sad songs. Now is the season of changing seasons but the day approaches where the need for night will pass forever into eternal day! 10/19/2010 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill)