Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 11, 2010

“Zeal without knowledge is fire without light.” Thomas Henry Huxley

“With my whole heart have I sought thee...” Ps.119 ESV

They say that Einstein was hyper-focused, so much so that when he was engaged in something he would lose touch with everything else going on around him. The ability to focus and remain focused is certainly a strength but one that can turn against us if we are not careful. Sometimes when I am discussing a concern, with my wife I act like a bulldog on a bone and just can't drop talking about it even when the talk turns unprofitable. If we cannot drop something that needs to be dropped or when it need to be dropped, we wind up being ruled by our power to focus rather than directing our focus for good purposes. Imagine the disability of having eyes with only one focal range. On a related matter, I think that being able to give your whole heart to someone is a good thing but always with deliberation, purpose and self control. To love God, anyone or anything should be a deliberate choice, never an uncontrolled obsession. I don't think God want us to be obsessed with Him, but to consciously love Him with our whole heart. 10/7/2010 Conversations Within ts